Freelance Senior Flame Artist and VFX Supervisor (2021 – Present)
Finish high-end commercial, film, motion ride, VR, and special venue projects for a variety of clients. Plan, collaborate, and supervise the creation of plates and visual effects elements at on-set production shoots.
- Possesses a deep understanding of CGI as well as live-action production pipelines
- Skilled at conforming, prepping, and finishing both short and longform edits from multiple formats and sources
- Able to plan, estimate, and supervise VFX workflows and production shoots
- Experienced at delivering high quality deliverables that adheres to technical requirements for broadcast and social media, including various aspect ratios, framerates, and bitrates
- Has a broad skillset across compositing and vfx disciplines including organization, project management, communication, mastering, and quality control
- Client-friendly and able to work directly in front of clients, including Directors, Executives, and Agency Creatives even in high-stake situations
- Experienced in coordinating teams of multi-disciplined artists and bringing material together in one place for dailies and delivery
- In addition to Flame, also experienced in Resolve, Nuke, Maya, Cinema 4D, Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop
Reel FX / ATK PLN, Dallas, TX. (www.atkpln.com) 1999 – 2021
Creative Director / Visual Effects Supervisor / Digital Artist
Execute award-winning projects in a variety of digital media. Strive for creative excellence, interface directly with clients, and work with team members and resources to accomplish creative goals.
- Exceed creative client goals in a variety of formats including broadcast, feature film, social media, immersive / interactive, theme park ride films, and virtual / augmented reality
- Perform demanding, time-sensitive creative tasks while often interacting directly with clients
- Design workflows to shepherd difficult, complex creative projects from concept to completion
- Leverage experience in disciplines such as graphic design, editing, color, and motion graphics
- Research evolving marketing and design trends and learn about new software and best practices
- Communicate goals, objectives, and aesthetic observations clearly and convincingly
- Assess potential jobs and provide detailed work estimates for bidding
- Craft pitches and proposals to potential clients in order to win new business
- Evaluate talent and help assemble and direct creative teams
M-Link Technologies, Lewisville, TX. (www.mlinktech.com) 1997 – 1999
Interactive Multimedia Designer
Designed and implemented themes and graphics for computer-based learning systems.
- Developed proficiency in a variety of interactive and graphics software
- Designed themes and artwork to help accomplish learning objectives
- Created custom graphical interfaces (UI/UX) for each course according to the theme
- Broke down complex concepts into easily learned visual interactions
- Met with clients to discern learning objectives and develop appropriate creative solutions
Birdlegs, Inc. / Summer 1994
Apparel Designer and Artist
Created custom artwork for T-shirts.
- Brainstormed ideas for new shirt designs
- Won internal design contests
- Created artwork using hand-drawn ink, photo enlarger, and computer illustration software
Freelance Designer / Creative Consultant (www.mikeroyartist.com) 1992 – present
Execute various creative projects for a variety of clients in multiple industries including web design, UI/UX, book illustration, fine art, apparel design, video, pitches, storyboarding, and branding.
Harding University, Searcy, AR – Bachelor of Science Degree in Art 1991-1995
- Alpha Chi Honor Society, Kappa Pi Honor Society in Art
- Maintained a 3.6 grade point average
More information and references available by request.