Reel FX / ATK PLN, Dallas, TX. (www.atkpln.com) 1999 – present
Creative Director / Visual Effects Supervisor / Digital Artist
Execute award-winning projects in a variety of digital media. Strive for creative excellence, interface directly with clients, and work with team members and resources to accomplish creative goals.
- Exceed creative client goals in a variety of formats including broadcast, feature film, social media, immersive / interactive, theme park ride films, and virtual / augmented reality
- Perform demanding, time-sensitive creative tasks while often interacting directly with clients
- Design workflows to shepherd difficult, complex creative projects from concept to completion
- Leverage experience in disciplines such as graphic design, editing, color, and motion graphics
- Research evolving marketing and design trends and learn about new software and best practices
- Communicate goals, objectives, and aesthetic observations clearly and convincingly
- Assess potential jobs and provide detailed work estimates for bidding
- Craft pitches and proposals to potential clients in order to win new business
- Evaluate talent and help assemble and direct creative teams
M-Link Technologies, Lewisville, TX. (www.mlinktech.com) 1997 – 1999
Interactive Multimedia Designer
Designed and implemented themes and graphics for computer-based learning systems.
- Developed proficiency in a variety of interactive and graphics software
- Designed themes and artwork to help accomplish learning objectives
- Created custom graphical interfaces (UI/UX) for each course according to the theme
- Broke down complex concepts into easily learned visual interactions
- Met with clients to discern learning objectives and develop appropriate creative solutions
Freelance Designer / Creative Consultant (www.mikeroyartist.com) 1992 – present
Execute various creative projects for a variety of clients in multiple industries including web design, UI/UX, book illustration, fine art, apparel design, video, pitches, storyboarding, and branding.
Harding University, Searcy, AR – Bachelor of Science Degree in Art 1991-1995
- Alpha Chi Honor Society, Kappa Pi Honor Society in Art
- Maintained a 3.6 grade point average
More information and references available by request.